1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD American Made bass, 4 or 5, your choice $999 shipped CONUS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by JG Whale, Aug 9, 2018.

1. JG Whale

JG Whale P.T.S.D. Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Adams County, IL
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello Folks: Today, we have either a 2010 American Jazz 5 Deluxe (or) a mid-90's G&L ASAT bass (your choice) in pampered condition with hard cases as shown IMG_0270.JPG .

You know, I could regale you with several different believable reasons for this sale, but I just decided to spare you guys all that hoohah,and just stick with the simple truth...I just strongly desire the wife off my back.

Both of these basses are straight off my bedroom wall, which they, up until a potential sale, will permanently reside. They both are set-up and cared for like I was going to keep them until I was ready to buy the Farm! I'm a particular sort of person (anal-compulsive, perhaps?) who probably spends about as much or more time dusting and polishing all the darn things than actually playing them. But please, let the pics do the talking...

* I will return any PM's as soon as I'm able and answer any specific questions one might have...I'm a cobbled up older disabled vet, am pretty fond of naps, and yes, occasionally can even be crotchety (apparently),..believe it or not...so please be patient :)

* I'm sorry for no trades on these, guys...I would offer a discount in the event that someone wanted to have both of these, of course.

*These are my private pieces that I feel have been priced fairly, so price is firm. I'm only selling whichever one of these beauties that goes first as a personal "Peace" strategy with Mama anyway.

Thank You all for your time!! Mark

IMG_0276.JPG IMG_0271.JPG IMG_0270.JPG IMG_0272.JPG IMG_0273.JPG IMG_0277.JPG IMG_0278.JPG IMG_0274 (2).JPG IMG_0275 (2).JPG IMG_0281.JPG IMG_0282.JPG IMG_0280.JPG IMG_0279.JPG

Skullheadrac and mikewalker like this.
  2. Acoop

Acoop Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2012
    Both basses for 999. now that's a deal. ... Are you the original owner of the Fender 5 and is it all stock, down to the strings?

JG Whale likes this.
  3. JG Whale

JG Whale P.T.S.D. Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Adams County, IL
    Aahhh...that would be EITHER bass for the $999 Sorry...no BOGO (lol)

I am not the original owner of the Jazz 5. I purchased the instrument from a very respected music store in Peoria, and was told I was the 2nd owner. It has a set of Cobalt Flats on it and 2 new batteries. It's had absolutely no modifications done to it, and honestly, for wear, it is all on the plastic guard. IMG_0283.JPG I've seen worse shop wear on new basses at stores (in the 50 some odd years I've been lurking around them) than what this bass has. Neither owner hurt it at all, and aside from the aforementioned guard, she's pretty clean. I took a photo of the scaled weight and attempted to show as much of the pickguard "art" as I could.

Thanks for your interest...Mark

4. You'll regret sellin that Deluxe. The early ones had a few things that set them apart. Mainly the pickups. I have one from same year. I will die with it. Best bass Fender ever made. Hands down.

JG Whale likes this.
  5. KHANHLINH

KHANHLINH Commercial User

Mar 4, 2017
    Pm..fender jazz bass 5 price how much money ? Tks

6. JG Whale

JG Whale P.T.S.D. Member

Mar 9, 2016
    Adams County, IL
    I'm starting to get the impression that my thread here may perhaps be shedding a bit too much confusion...

I'm sorry to all my Talkbass brethren for the excess information that was given in this thread. I'm convinced that my ABI (acquired brain injury) has "had a hand" in the thread's initial construction, ultimately ensuring all this said confusion.
    Believe me, my brain injury and subsequent loss of mental capacities thereof have historically cost me my career, most of my friends, certainly my sanity and sense of self worth, and yes even the full confidence of a beloved family member or two since the 2010 surgery that brought it on.

I'm going to end this thread, and relist it again later. For reference,I'm now going to keep the ASAT, and will instead have an AMPFL Jazz 4 and the Deluxe 5 string that's listed here now that I'd still like to see go.

Thanks to all who expressed interest...and again, I'm sorry.

Mark