1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

American P bass question about the bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by joeinca, Mar 17, 2013.

1. joeinca

joeinca

Mar 16, 2013
    When did Fender put the high-mass bridge on the Am P? I was in GC today and they've had a particular "NEW" P bass there a couple years at least. Upon closer inspection the serial number dates it to 2007 which surprised me (and the GC guy) because it didn't look that old. It had the high-mass more modern bridge and I didn't think the '07 had that..but maybe I'm mistaken. Hard to believe they'd have that bass there for 6+ years..but idk Anyone know about the bridge? Just makes me wonder if that's the original neck.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. I thought I read somewhere that the HMV bridge was introduced to the Am. Std. line in 2008. I don't know man, maybe I need to check again.

3. joeinca

joeinca

Mar 16, 2013
    Ok..looking at the serial number table, serial numbers Z7xxxxx span 2007 and 2008 so it's possible its an '08 and that would make sense if it was the first year they started equipping those.

Thx.
    Joe

4. JJansen

JJansen

Feb 26, 2013
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, Blackstar Amps, Intune Guitar Picks
    I had a 2007 Am Std(that got stolen from me :( and indeed that was the first year they introduced the HMV bridge. I loved loved loved that bass. Wish I still had it