Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American P-Bass, Right!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by WarwickFan, Mar 12, 2006.

1. WarwickFan

WarwickFan

Feb 7, 2005
    Florida
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Probably a fake.

-Mark

3. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    In the headstock picture, with the "Made in....", the country's name is definitely too long to say "Made in U.S.A.". It looks like it's MIM.
    -Alex

4. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, in his defense, he did say america, not usa...mexico is a part of the north american continent

:bag:

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Lol you can tell by the serial number that it's a MIM.

6. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Serial number starts with M. MIM for sure. Also check out the tone and volume knobs. Not a fake, just an idiot.

7. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Whoa, beat me to it.

8. I sent the seller a note. Since I did it on ebays auction question form, I had to ask a question:

9. Tom

Tom

Sep 7, 2005
    Davis, CA
    Wow. If you're going to sell something as if it's U.S.-made, you probably shouldn't show everyone a headstock that says "Made in Mexico."

10. i'm not sure but aren't all the MIA fenders string through? in which case this bass is not.

11. I just got a reply from the seller:

12. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    it clearly says MZ, and on the fender site it says that MZ is Made in mexico.

so...the only logical conclusion that it is DEFINATLY a American P-bass, we should all big on it!!

by the way, that was sarcasm :D (if i didnt write that people would flame me.....)