1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

American P Bass, S-1 and hum

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Shane Carter, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Shane Carter

Shane Carter

May 21, 2007
    Detroit
    When I turn the volume up all of the way, the 2004 American P Bass does not hum. It has the S1 switch, but it works the same way, volume up all of the way, it's loud with no hum. As soon as I start to turn the volume down, there is a noticeable hum, and of course the volume of the bass drops. I have cleaned the pots with DeOxIt and air, tried different amps with the same result. All of the wiring, soldered connections and ground appears to be fine. I have tried different amps, cords and house plugs, all with the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this or do you have any ideas what the problem may be?

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021