1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

American Precision Dlx humbucker

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Wh4len, Mar 7, 2008.

1. Wh4len

Wh4len

Sep 12, 2006
    Linkoping, Sweden
    I' having a bit of a problem with my 5 string MIA Precision DLX. The humbucker in bridge position has taken it's last breath.

Does anyone now where I can get a replacement?
    From Fender, do they still have those pickups since the 5 string was discontinued???

Any kind of help will be appreciated...

Wh4len

2. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon Banned

Oct 20, 2004
    I think that's the same pickup in the Roscoe Beck bass? You can probably get a replacement. Or.. they don't make a 5 string version of that anymore?

How did it stop working though? Might be a bad wire.

Shouldn't be hard to fix or rewind. They are like two Jazz pickups together. (designed by Bill Lawrence)

3. Wh4len

Wh4len

Sep 12, 2006
    Linkoping, Sweden
    I noticed during bandpractice that only the split single was giving sound. I dropped it of at my trusted music store. The tech guy said he could get sound from it but not very loud. And his guess was that the pickup was shot.

And yes they've stopped making the 5 string DLX precision, and i think they stopped making the 5 string Roscoe Beck too.

4. DavidRavenMoon

DavidRavenMoon Banned

Oct 20, 2004
    OK, one coil is not working. That's why it works in split mode.

Without seeing the pickup (and I've never had one to look at), I'd say unless it's potted in epoxy, it shouldn't be hard to fix.

PM sent.

5. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Is it still under warranty?