1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD American Professional Precision Black/Black

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BigDanT, Jan 4, 2018.

1. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Price:
    Strings:
    Black on Black

2016 Fender American Professional Series Precision Bass

The bass so nice, I’ve owned it twice!

That’s right, this is the second time I’ve had this bass and I really do like it. I am just looking for something more in the PJ or Jazz genre so I am putting this out there to see what trade offers come in.

I'm in no real hurry to move this but looking for something a little different for now but this is a killer P bass.

I'm just listing it for trade right now and I'd put the trade value around $1,100.

Here are the specs on this particular bass.

· It currently has a Fender Original 62 pickup installed with CTS pots and PIO tone cap. I do not have the orginal VMOD pups but the 62s sound great.

· It is currently wearing an official Fender black pickguard but I will include the original Mint guard if you want it.

· It is currently wearing TI Rounds on it but I could toss in or swap out some used chromes or EB cobalts.

Here are the details on the Professional Precisions in general:

• ’63 P Bass neck profile
    • Bone nut; 20 narrow-tall frets for familiar playing feel
    • HiMass™ Vintage bridge for increased sustain
    • Fluted-shaft tuning machines; Posiflex graphite rods for neck reinforcement
    • Includes Elite Molded hardshell case

This bass plays and looks great. It is black so, as most of you who have owned black instruments know, it is hard to keep them free of swirling or light scratches. The bass and the pickguard do have some of this kind of player wear but there are no dings or dents in the bass that I can find. The scratches/swirls are pretty hard to photograph but if it is a concern for you I can try my best.

Previous owner pegged the weight at 8.6 pounds and since I only have a bathroom scale I'd say that feels about accurate.

Comes with the original Fender flight case and other case items.

PM me with any questions or requests for additional photos.

As far as trades I am open to any offers. I really only play passive four stringers though. Mostly a Fender and Fender-like kind of guy so trade interests might be...

American Jazz
    American PJs
    AVRIs
    G&Ls

Might consider the following (+cash or other trade considerations)
    MIJs
    Or
    MIMs

Might also consider adding some cash for the following (please note I don't have a ton of cash to throw at something so while I might like to trade this plus $3,000 for a 1967 P Bass, I just don't have that kind of scratch):
    Rics
    Nash
    Bluesman Vintage
    ???

Anyway, don't be shy about shooting me a PM with any trade offers. I will respond to all PMs and the worst I can do is offer a polite "no thanks."

Attached Files:

2. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    PM on way

3. BigDanT

BigDanT Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Indianapolis
    trade pending