1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American Standard for Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by kipmartin, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kipmartin

kipmartin

Aug 22, 2004
    nashville, TN
    endorsing artist: intellitouch tuners, sansamp, uptonbass
    American Standard #2916 (1961) for sale.

its structurally sound, is a great example of a later American Standard, and is dark brown sunburst. i can do one of two things:

1.) offer it for sale as is: it has ALL the original parts (the bad endpin, the coat-hanger tailpiece wire, etc.), even the original (i believe) bridge. it needs a new bridge, strings, endpid, tailpiece wire, and setup. it has some chipping around the edge with one fairly noticeable chip. comes with a cheap, original bag. $3200

or

2.) offer it for sale after a complete rehab: bass fixed up with a new setup, strings, endpin, tailpiece wire, new bridge with height adjusters, and the chipped area(s) repaired. comes with both the cheesy original AND with a nice bag. $3800

i'd also be willing to trade for an Epiphone upright in excellent, rehabbed condition.

all offers will be considered. i'm located just northwest of DC. hope to connect directly--shipping is a pain, but if you arrange for it, we'll do it.my direct email is: onefourfive@hotmail.com

kip

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.