1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

American Standard, I was wondering...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drummer5359, Nov 4, 2013.

1. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    I'll go out on a limb and say that the American Standard series (Jazz or Precision) in the most recognized bass that Fender makes, it's pretty much the "face of bass" for the company.

Yes, they make deluxe versions, AVRI versions, specials, etcetera, but the American Standard is the "standard".

Now that I've got that out of the way, I want to point out that other than a few new colors and different pickups in 2012, it has remained unchanged since 2008.

I love the current product by the way. I'm curious as to how much longer until they make another revamp of those lines. The "American Series" was in production just a little while longer than this edition before they changed it. So we likely only have a couple of more years .

The reason that I'm bringing this up is that I'm wondering how long it will be before they start putting a truss rod adjustment wheel on the American Standards like the new Dimension bass. To me that would be the obvious next change.

Has anyone else wondered this?