1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

American Standard Jazz gas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by metalmariachi, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I went to Guitar Center today, I had a $25 use it or loose it promotional card.

Well As long as I was there I decided to play around with a few Jazz basses.

I was thinking 3 color sunburst with maple fretboard, but played every one they had.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=515755&index=4

A blizzard pear with rosewood fretboard sounded phenomenal, much better than any of the others, and a black with maple fretboard felt the best.
    Unfortunately the didn't have a blizzard pearl with maple board.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/document?cpd=0OEY&doc_id=99371&base_pid=515755&index=15

I could just wait until one comes in, but each bass sounded slightly different. Enough so that I feel like being anal about it.

So I'm thinking about calling the store manager tomorrow and seeing if they will swap necks between the two.

Any one think I have a shot at convincing him?

MM

2. joebingo

joebingo

Aug 23, 2006
    London, UK
    no.

the risk of damaging either bass is too high, and the guy most probably won't do it.

3. No. !

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Not going to happen.

As an aside, I have a std. J with blizzard pearl and maple I won on eBay for under $990 after shipping. You might want to look there.

5. sps500

sps500 In Memoriam

May 19, 2008
    Manny's in NY offered to do it.... if i bought BOTH basses. :);)

6. Nope

7. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    I think not. I wouldn't even bother or try.

8. NO WAY IN ****!!!!!!!!!!!:rollno::scowl::eyebrow:

9. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Are you adamant about wanting maple on the Blizzard Pearl? If that's the bass that sounded the best, but it had rosewood, I might be tempted to grab it if I were you.

I understand if you're dead-set against the rosewood; but if it sounded that good, I'd at least give it some thought. If you do get it, a brown tort p/g might blend real well with the rosewood. That's what I'd do if I went with Blizzard Pearl/rosewood. With B.P./maple, I'd either go with a black p/g, or else white pearloid.

10. Thunderthumbs73

Thunderthumbs73

May 5, 2008
    The basses are common. I'm sure you can find one with the right resonance/weight/neck/color etc...