Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American Standard/King website

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by kipmartin, Dec 22, 2005.

1. kipmartin

kipmartin

Aug 22, 2004
    nashville, TN
    endorsing artist: intellitouch tuners, sansamp, uptonbass
    Hey

Thanks to everyone for supplying me with data, pics, and criticism re: my website for the old American Standard and King basses made by HN White.

If yo know of anyone with one of these basses let them know, and tell them to contact me with serials numbers, pics, or any info about their basses. The site has a lot of things wrong with it (looks like hell with mozilla, for example), needs more instruments, and some info about the basses could be better.

does anyone think a classified section would be a good idea?

see it at www.americanstandardbass.com and let meknow what you think by contacting me at onefourfive AT hotmail DOT com.

Merry Christmas everyone!

kip

kip martin
    Sunny Mountain Boy
    www.kipmartin.net
    www.americanstandardbass.com
    onefourfive@hotmail.com

2. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    Excellent job on the site so far, Kip. I agree about more pics, etc. I'll send some of mine when I get some time to do so. Also have access to a school AS which is blonde(!) without any markings. I'll sneak some pics of that one too. Can't have enough classified places, IMO, so go for it I'd say.

Ike

3. I'm so glad the pieces to this puzzle are coming together. Please contribute any/all info available. Personally I appreciate it very much. It's also great to see pictures and look at my refinish compared to originals.
    -Mike
    AS#787

4. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Feel free to a description of the work done to 410. Restored by Arnold Schnitzer, which included a New Standard neck, new neck block, new fingerboard, new tuners, new bridge, new bass bar, new endpin, new tail block, and new varnish, while shortening the scale to 41.5".

You can also link to the pics I have at http://www.brusabass.com/gear_files/american_standard.htm (that page is not going anyplace...it will only see updates).

5. efhole

efhole

Nov 26, 2004
    I recently aquired an old Standard that I simply fell in love with from the get go. Mine is blonde and I know you listed on your site that no known blondes were made so I looked everywhere on the bass for signs of refinish, but I can't find any evidence anywhere that the bass has been refinished. My camera bit the dust, but I will try to post pics as soon as I get another camera.