1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

American Standard Two-Piece Neck?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Waster, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Waster

Waster

Nov 24, 2011
    Belfast
    Hey TB,

I was playing a US Standard Jazz the other day in the shop. It was a beautiful player and lovely sounding, but when I looked down I realised that the maple neck and finger-board were two pieces of wood glued together. Are all US Standards like that? It made no odds, I just didn't expect it. There were no other guitars for me to compare it to in the shop.

Thanks guys!

Connor

2. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    The fingerboard and neck being glued together are common on most basses.

3. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    The US made fender basses have all had maple 'cap' necks since about 1996, except for the soon to be discontinued American Vintage Series '57 RI necks.

4. Waster

Waster

Nov 24, 2011
    Belfast
    Most Fenders I have seen are one piece with a skunk stripe. This maple on maple I'm talking about.

5. Waster

Waster

Nov 24, 2011
    Belfast
    Thanks! I assume you are only referring to the basses? Because my dad's US Standard Tele is one piece, and it's a 1998.

6. It all depends on how they wanted to make it. the VRI basses I've seen are skunk striped with a 1 piece maple neck. All of the MIA Std are 1 piece necks with separate fingerboards. No skunk stripe.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021