American Standards and Bob G's Bag

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by jlilley, Jan 18, 2006.

1. jlilley

jlilley Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mill Creek, WA
    I just purchased a nice old American Standard (#1997) and am in need of a bag. Does anyone know if this bass will fit in one of Bob Gollihur's bags?
  2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    It should. A New Standard Cleveland fits in one. Give Bob a call and he'll tell you for sure.
  3. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina

I just received my green Gollihur bag and was wondering the same thing. It is a bit snug around the bottom but will work nicely. And for those needing a lighter, less protective bag (as compared to a Reunion Blues, Mooridian, Soundwear, ProTec, etc.) this is what you want.

I'm sure that the professional bag that Bob offers would be an excellent value as well.

Owner of 2 American Standards #731 & #2753
  4. kipmartin

Aug 22, 2004
    nashville, TN
    endorsing artist: intellitouch tuners, sansamp, uptonbass
    you should quit hogging all the nice basses, mike!
  5. Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    It is a great bag, but the green version (first version) didn't fit my American Standard. YMMV.
  6. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    Im saving for a bass bag and i'll go with either the Bob G. professional one or the Uptonbass one( they look almost the same), the thing i prefer on Bob's one are the backstraps, i use them a lot on my current bag, i have an old german flatback which has fairly large upper bouts(20" 3/4). not as wide as Arnolds American Standard but still larger than my Kay...
    if anyone has experience with one of these bags,any info is welcome, since i live in Switzerland, in case the bass wont fit:crying: , ill have a problem.

7. Jean-Pierre

Nov 22, 2004
    I just received the new professional Gollihur bag for my birthday (I really love my wife!) and I'm very impressed. It's a very good bag, well padded, with a lot of handles, and good padded, adjustable backpack straps. I didn'y have wheels before and I found them very useful in some situations. The only think I didn't like is that it opens on the opposite side of other cases and I had to find a new way to move the bass.

It is so good that my luthier, in Montreal, who is currently selling a bag that looks like the Soundwear for 900$CDN, asked me where I found such a good case. When I said that it cost me half this price (with all the taxes, customs and transport), he was very surprised and wanted to try to sell this bag too.

I transport my bass every week and I really enjoy this bag!
    :bassist: Jean-Pierre
  8. jlilley

jlilley Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mill Creek, WA
    Thanks everyone. I just got one of Bob's green bags and it fits the bass like a glove.