Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

American Standards and Bob G's Bag

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by jlilley, Jan 18, 2006.

1. jlilley

jlilley Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mill Creek, WA
    Hi,
    I just purchased a nice old American Standard (#1997) and am in need of a bag. Does anyone know if this bass will fit in one of Bob Gollihur's bags?
    Thanks,
    John

2. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    It should. A New Standard Cleveland fits in one. Give Bob a call and he'll tell you for sure.

3. M Ramsey

M Ramsey

Mar 12, 2005
    North Carolina
    John,

I just received my green Gollihur bag and was wondering the same thing. It is a bit snug around the bottom but will work nicely. And for those needing a lighter, less protective bag (as compared to a Reunion Blues, Mooridian, Soundwear, ProTec, etc.) this is what you want.

I'm sure that the professional bag that Bob offers would be an excellent value as well.

Owner of 2 American Standards #731 & #2753

4. kipmartin

kipmartin

Aug 22, 2004
    nashville, TN
    endorsing artist: intellitouch tuners, sansamp, uptonbass
    you should quit hogging all the nice basses, mike!

5. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    It is a great bag, but the green version (first version) didn't fit my American Standard. YMMV.

6. Nuno A.

Nuno A. Velvet Strings Customer Service

Jul 9, 2001
    SWITZERLAND
    Im saving for a bass bag and i'll go with either the Bob G. professional one or the Uptonbass one( they look almost the same), the thing i prefer on Bob's one are the backstraps, i use them a lot on my current bag, i have an old german flatback which has fairly large upper bouts(20" 3/4). not as wide as Arnolds American Standard but still larger than my Kay...
    if anyone has experience with one of these bags,any info is welcome, since i live in Switzerland, in case the bass wont fit:crying: , ill have a problem.

NUNO

7. Jean-Pierre

Jean-Pierre

Nov 22, 2004
    Hi,
    I just received the new professional Gollihur bag for my birthday (I really love my wife!) and I'm very impressed. It's a very good bag, well padded, with a lot of handles, and good padded, adjustable backpack straps. I didn'y have wheels before and I found them very useful in some situations. The only think I didn't like is that it opens on the opposite side of other cases and I had to find a new way to move the bass.

It is so good that my luthier, in Montreal, who is currently selling a bag that looks like the Soundwear for 900$CDN, asked me where I found such a good case. When I said that it cost me half this price (with all the taxes, customs and transport), he was very surprised and wanted to try to sell this bag too.

I transport my bass every week and I really enjoy this bag!
    :bassist: Jean-Pierre

8. jlilley

jlilley Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Mill Creek, WA
    Thanks everyone. I just got one of Bob's green bags and it fits the bass like a glove.
    John