1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD American Vintage Precision Bass 59

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by kurpak, May 9, 2019.

1. kurpak

kurpak

Dec 30, 2007
    Price:
    $950
    Strings:
    Here's my version of a 59 precision using all American Vintage parts.
    The vintage 1959 basses had a wide and thin neck, 3 tone sunburst body, flat pole black bobbin pickups and a gold anodized guard. The AV series has come out with a 57, 58, 62, and 63, but never a 59. Each year sort of had their own quirks (63 necks are a little fat front to back, 58's have a thinner nut width and more baseball bat shape etc.) This build puts together the best parts (I think) from all those years and comes really close to a vintage 1959 bass specs. Plays and sounds fantastic with super low action and smooth neck back, truss works great and has never been cranked on.
    Parts I used:
    -Mid 2000s AV 57 Maple neck (the date sticker is worn, I think it's a 2005) I've had this neck for a build since about 2007 so it's at least that old.
    -2015 American Vintage 63 alder body in the stock 3 tone sunburst (flash nitro) with v series neck plate
    -AV 63 pickups
    -AV tuners, bridge, knobs, hardware etc. Bridge saddles, screws, and thumbrest are aged.
    -AV CTS pots with the new Fender wax phone book capacitor and cloth wiring
    -AV 58 bridge and lacquer coated gold pickguard (light aging)
    -Thomastik JF344 jazz flats

The body is thin nitro so it has a few swirls an scuffs but still in really good shape, the finish is starting to shrink into the wood grain slightly.
    Small chip of wood missing from under one of the tuner ferrules, maybe 1/8" Very small and hardly noticeable.
    The neck back finish was stripped years ago and feels amazing, still has a sealer coat over the bare area.
    8 lbs 13oz sans covers.
    No case but will be packed extremely well, $950 shipped!
    Pics!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    R&B, FenderOli, john allemond and 7 others like this.
  2. kurpak

kurpak

Dec 30, 2007
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    R&B, john allemond, Hopter and 3 others like this.
  3. kurpak

kurpak

Dec 30, 2007
    Like an idiot I forgot to re-install the strap buttons before taking photos on the previous batch :facepalm: I had those off adding some light aging to match the bridge and screws.
    I just uploaded a bunch of new better photos with the complete parts installed.

4. kurpak

kurpak

Dec 30, 2007
    Reduced bump

5. Sgt007

Sgt007

Oct 4, 2007
    Spicewood, TX
    You've done a great job putting this together...price is great too. Well done man, someone will be very happy with this, and won't have to pay $2000 for a new one.

john allemond, funk7856 and LenMinNJ like this.
  6. kurpak

kurpak

Dec 30, 2007
    Hey thanks!
    If anyone is wondering what this bass is like, it sounds almost identical to the 63 reissue video Fender put out a few years ago

7. john allemond

john allemond Supporting Member

Dope....

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021