1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Americans March in Red Square

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, May 7, 2010.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Things started to change a while back. I was in Red Square in 1990, chatting with Russian locals at 11:30 at night. Ten years earlier, that may have landed all of us in jail. Glasnost was just beginning to catch hold at the time. We travelled down to Rostov-on-Don, where Russian helicopters flew above, flying both Russian and American flags underneath. BTW, don't fly Aeroflot if you value your life.

Maybe it's a good thing for our soldiers to march in their parade, but I don't think it means we're going steady.

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    What's even more amazing to me is that they've also invited Polish troops to march in the parade, that's pretty huge given the past history of relations between the two countries.
    If anyone remembers their WW2 history, the Soviets demanded that Polish troops fighting in the West not be allowed to march in any victory parade at the end of WW2, so the allies caved in and the Poles - even in the West- were not allowed to march w/ the US, Canadian, British, French, and a multitude of other forces. The fact that the Russians have now invited them to march in Moscow, is a huge step towards reconciliation.

3. JimB52

JimB52 User Supporting Member

May 24, 2007
    East Coast
    It's a commie trick.

4. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    We have to be nice to them, they have the only ride into space! :rollno: