Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amnesiac

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dancehallclasher, Jun 5, 2001.

1. i'm a reasonable man
    get off my case
    get off my case

manoman... modern radiohead is catchy in the most un-catchy way. got the album today, been listening to it nonstop. i haven't decided if i like it as much as Kid A. it seems to be a step out of industrial music, albeit a small one. i really dig the eastern/egyptian sounding modes/scales on some of the tracks, and that surfy lead guitar on "i might be wrong." these last couple albums have kinda buried colin's talent, but oh well... what do you guys think?

2. I really like the new single "The Pyramid Song". I don't know if anyone else felt this way after hearing it, but I thought it had a Pink Floyd-kinda vibe to it. I should check that album out.

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I like it! It's not really better or worse than Kid A to me though. I even like the book.

4. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    this is my turf!
    if you see my profile you´ll see that i got the biggest page in spanish about Radiohead... i have worked on it for more than 2 years and sometimes Capitol records sends me free things :)

Amnesiac is amazing... got so many textures... and it´s more friendly than Kid A...

the bassist (Colin Greenwood) is one of the most underrated bassist ever... he even plays double bass for the song "You and whose army"... he might not be flashy but he fits great on every song...