Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

amount of bassists on one cd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by GEARBOX, Mar 15, 2001.

1. I'll looking for a cd with as many bassists as possable playing at one time. can you help? any and all replies will be wonderful.

2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I know there is a video of "The Day the Bass PLayers took over the World," but I don't know if there is a cd.

I have the highlights VHS from Bass Day 97 and it has Billy Sheehan, John Pattitucci, Tony Levin, Dave Pomeroy, Otiel Burbridge, and Reggie Washington playing Mr PC. But, once again, I don't think there is a cd of the performance.

3. try www.hudsonmusic.com .. :)

Bass Day '98
    A highlights CD of this historic event featuring some of the best bass playing ever recorded.

$9.95 plus shipping
    and handling

[​IMG]

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

BassMonkee, I had a CD with the song "The Day the Bass Players Ruled the World" on it. It was sold through Bass Player Magazine and I believe it was in 1997 or early 1998. There were several other excellent songs by on the CD as well, but I believe they were solos. Unfortunately, I don't know what the heck ever happened to that CD. I may have even given it to my bass teacher at the time.

jo

5. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I have the bass player fifth anniversary CD, I don't know if it's still available, if it's not, E-mail me...
    Also, who love ya...A Jaco tribute with lots of bassist.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I just ordered mine!

7. congratulations!! :D

I´m sure you´ll love that cd!!

I got the Francis Rocco Prestia video for free from them!!! (through the contest on libster.com) :D

8. Thanx for the info guys. I think I will order that cd.