amount of bassists on one cd

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by GEARBOX, Mar 15, 2001.

1. I'll looking for a cd with as many bassists as possable playing at one time. can you help? any and all replies will be wonderful.
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I know there is a video of "The Day the Bass PLayers took over the World," but I don't know if there is a cd.

I have the highlights VHS from Bass Day 97 and it has Billy Sheehan, John Pattitucci, Tony Levin, Dave Pomeroy, Otiel Burbridge, and Reggie Washington playing Mr PC. But, once again, I don't think there is a cd of the performance.
  3. try .. :)

Bass Day '98
    A highlights CD of this historic event featuring some of the best bass playing ever recorded.

$9.95 plus shipping
    and handling

4. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

BassMonkee, I had a CD with the song "The Day the Bass Players Ruled the World" on it. It was sold through Bass Player Magazine and I believe it was in 1997 or early 1998. There were several other excellent songs by on the CD as well, but I believe they were solos. Unfortunately, I don't know what the heck ever happened to that CD. I may have even given it to my bass teacher at the time.

5. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I have the bass player fifth anniversary CD, I don't know if it's still available, if it's not, E-mail me...
    Also, who love ya...A Jaco tribute with lots of bassist.
  6. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I just ordered mine!
  7. congratulations!! :D

I´m sure you´ll love that cd!!

I got the Francis Rocco Prestia video for free from them!!! (through the contest on :D
  8. Thanx for the info guys. I think I will order that cd.