amp advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thetaurus, Sep 4, 2002.

1. thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    i asked this question at the hc forum, and i figured i'd see what you guys have to say also. i play in a pretty loud rock band right now. i play an mia jazz w/ a natural ash body, and maple fingerboard. i use a hartke 3500 through a peavey 810 tvx. i'm thinking about getting a new amp. the hartke is great, but i've had it for four years, and would just like to get something different. i love the sound of an all tube svt through an 8x10, but don't have that kind of money right now. basically i'm interested in either the swr 350x, or the ampeg svt 3 pro. what do you all think. thanks.
  2. i'm not sure exactly how much either of those amps run, but.... if you can get a deal like i just did on my eden amp i'd go for a used eden. i have the highwayman WT-500, and i absolutely love it, tube preamp, solidstate power, great shaping ability, turn a knob just one little notch and you hear the difference.
    eden tone and swr are similar to me, but i like the eden a little better though i can't exactly pin down why, slightly different color to it, and maybe a bit more high mids?? anyway i also really dig the ampeg svt-350 though, if i couldn't get an eden i was going to probably go for one of those