Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Regurgitator, Oct 7, 2000.

1. Regurgitator

Regurgitator

Apr 27, 2000
    I am in need of a new head. I play in a band with two drummers, each on full kits. It can get pretty loud so I need a louder amp. I am currently playing a GK 400RB into an EV410 and a SWR Big Ben 18". I am partial to SWR and Eden gear, but am unsure what would suit me. What do you guys think would be my best choice of head? We play heavy groove-core style Deftones,Tool type stuff. Any help would be great, I now have my GK head for sale, it just isn't loud enough.

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Right I am trawling for posts with no answers. So the good news is you got an answer the bad news is I have no idea what I am talking about.

If I remember correctly the 400 delivers 240w into 4 Ohms.
    I dont know how loud you want to go. I tried a Eden gold 400w thing recently with an EU 208 cab and it rocked big time. I would look at 400w-500w and buy what suits your wallet and ears. Also look around get a shortlist and post here for reliabilty best place to buy etc.

Happy hunting.

3. Regurgitator

Regurgitator

Apr 27, 2000
    Would a SWR Bass 750 do the job for me?

4. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I dont know try posting again with that in the title.

Happy hunting