Amp Advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by makopolo, May 29, 2003.

1. makopolo

May 26, 2003
    I just started playing bass, and i am getting an amp and i want to know what can you tell me about the " Behringer Ultrabass BX600 " it is by far the sheapest and i think it has adecuate power if not more for just practcing and jamming with my friends. i would appreciate any advice on what to sellect. Is ebay reliable for an amp. Thanks
  2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Beringher is known to suck.

I'd go with a carvin or a peavey basic 1x12...

Better yet, go look at the peavey Minx. Those are great amps, and they are loud.
  3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Find a second hand combo.

If you want clean, check out SWR WorkingMan 12 Combo.
    If you want funky, check out Ampeg B50R.

If you want new, check out the Fender Bassman 25.
  4. makopolo

May 26, 2003
    how is the gallien-krueger backline 10
  5. The Backline 110's with the glossy looking speaker are good, but if you get one of the new ones with the normal looking speaker, it sounds really nice at moderate volume levels. It's not going to hold up for a rock gig though.
  6. Got one for my son as a starter rig... It never has operated coorectly. Rattled like a texas diamond back and had to have the speaker replaced. We also are now experiencing cut out after a lot of use during a seesion. Seems to heat up and cut off during Church sessions. I feel terrible for trying to save a buck and he is very discouraged in playing at Church due to his equipment. Looks like we will be spending more $ now. Ampeg stack?