1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

AMP Amplified Musical Products 260 head - needs repair

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ad9000, Dec 28, 2011.

1. ad9000

ad9000 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2004
    Leucadia, CA
    These amps are well regarded and highly sought after by some. This one is marginally functional as is, but any movement of the knobs, especially the volume knob, causes fairly loud bursts of static. I've tried applying contact cleaner, which doesn't solve the problem, so I suspect it's an electronic part in the preamp section that has failed. The amp is pretty well worn, and the previous owner replaced some of the grey-capped knobs with multicolored ones.
    Normally I wouldn't list something that isn't 100% functional, but in this case I thought it might be a good find for someone who is skilled in amp repair. I don't have a schematic, but I imagine one would be available somewhere.

$150 shipped within the continental US.

AMPfront.

AMPback.