Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMP amps (not A&P)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by relman, Jan 6, 2001.

1. any info on these? I can get a 600 watt head for about 200 canadian.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    AMP didn't make a 600w head. I have two of the BH-420 model which is ~400w @4ohms. 200 Canadian sounds like a steal if it's this model.

[​IMG]

They did make a separate amp and preamp combination.

3. That's the one I got!!!!!!!!!!!!
    has the factory closed???

4. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    They went under several years ago. You're looking at a world class amp IMO. Russ Alee (Acoustic) and Steve Rabe (SWR) were both involved with this company. I think they nailed it with this amp, it's my main "big" amp and I've gigged with mine for, maybe, ten years without incident and always with great sound.

I found a second one (been looking for years, though I'm not really sure why...just didn't like the thought of having to use something else if something happened, I guess).

If it's in good working condition, for 200 Canadian, buy it. It's easily worth more than that.

5. air_leech

air_leech

Sep 1, 2000
    Israel

hey Brad, I seen of those on E-bay approximately a month ago.
    it was a bit different from the one on your pic, the color on the panel was offwhite and it had wooden strips on the side panels (whats that good for?).
    I think it sold for 300 bucks or so (reserver was 250 I think).

I would have bought it if only I had the cash aviliable on hand as I live outside the US and have to convert the currency.

6. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I know... I bid on it:D

It was the same model. The wooden end panels were an option. Rack ears were an option, too (I have a set). I don't rack mine, it's fairly light and easy to carry around.

I'd say the BH-420 is a cult amp, there's only a small group of people familiar with them and most owners, like me, love them. Kind of a budget Walter Woods;)

7. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    No kidding, I own two BH-420s and a BH-260.

They sell for so little I figure why not stock up :)

8. he he he

cult....