1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp and Cabinet setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bracchus, Oct 27, 2013.

1. bracchus

bracchus

Mar 4, 2010
    Hey guys. I'm still a relatively new bassist and have an amp/cabinet question. I have the SWR 700 head pushing the 410 Fender Rumble cabinet. The amp has two speaker out puts and the cabinet has two inputs. Consequently, I have both outputs from the amp going into the two inputs on the cabinet. Am I doing this correctly or should I only have one output to one input?

2. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    Euhm... do you mean you are hooking up two speaker cables? :confused:

Well... that is silly... no offense. :)
    Luckily this is not dangerous, since the connections you made are parallel an nothing blew up.
    If one speaker cable was wired differently it's not good.
    I guess you are not using speakon connectors.

The cables are connecting to the same points inside the amp and inside the cabinet.
    you can use just one output of the amp with just one input of the cab. Using just one speaker cable.

The second input of the cab is to hook up another cab if your amp has only one speaker output.. (however you have to be aware of the impedance of the cabs.)

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Just one output to one input.

The second output is for connecting a second cabinet.