Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp and effects pedal problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Feb 9, 2003.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    I have currently got a Squier BP15 practice amp, fender jazz bass, boss overdrive pedal and only recently acquired a Dunlop Crybaby 105Q bass wah pedal. Now; when i plug in the overdirve pedal and and JUST the bass it plays fine, good tone and sound out of the amp-well the best i can get anyway! But, when i plug in the wah pedal it all gets ****ed up and starts 2 really crackle and distort, i mean i haven't got the adaptor for it yet - so the battery may be running out. Or, the cacky little amp of mine cannot take the wattage and power - HELP!?

2. OKay what about if you just plug the wah in by itself? Does it still crackle?

If no, perhaps try re-arranging the signal chain. Say go from your wah, then to the distortion, then to your amp and vice versa.

Also check your batteries. Perhaps get a plug pack/wall wart for both and plug them both into the same power point so you dont get earth loop/hum.

:D:D

Merls

3. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    yeh i have tried playing with just the Wah in, but it still crackles. what's this power point you refer 2?