1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp and effects pedal problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Feb 9, 2003.

1. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    I have currently got a Squier BP15 practice amp, fender jazz bass, boss overdrive pedal and only recently acquired a Dunlop Crybaby 105Q bass wah pedal. Now; when i plug in the overdirve pedal and and JUST the bass it plays fine, good tone and sound out of the amp-well the best i can get anyway! But, when i plug in the wah pedal it all gets ****ed up and starts 2 really crackle and distort, i mean i haven't got the adaptor for it yet - so the battery may be running out. Or, the cacky little amp of mine cannot take the wattage and power - HELP!?

2. OKay what about if you just plug the wah in by itself? Does it still crackle?

If no, perhaps try re-arranging the signal chain. Say go from your wah, then to the distortion, then to your amp and vice versa.

Also check your batteries. Perhaps get a plug pack/wall wart for both and plug them both into the same power point so you dont get earth loop/hum.

:D:D

Merls

3. patrickroberts

patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    yeh i have tried playing with just the Wah in, but it still crackles. what's this power point you refer 2?