1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp-Bass combo problem.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nami, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Nami

Nami

Oct 14, 2005
    Israel
    I got a Warrior signature bolt on bass and a GK Microbass Amp and i love both of them, The warrior is the bass for me and it feels and plays just as i want and the GK is a great compact great sounding DB amp but it doesn't hold my electric bass sound. Actually Most of the amps can't hold the warrior as they should, For a massive modern 5 string like that i need a big amp with big sound, the only one that really fits the warrior is EBS HD350 and a 410 cab, but i can't afford it right now, the problem is that i play alot of EB right now and can't stand the awful sound. Can i EQ it in a way it will hold my modern punchy sound or using my BOSS GT-6B pre Some way i can get a satisfying sound?

Thanks in advance.
    Gal.

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    The Microbass is a nice sounding little amp that's great for very low volume gigs in small rooms. There's no way you'll get any decent volume out of it with a 5 string on a gig. You can eq out most of the bass and you'll be able to play louder, but you'll hate the sound. There's no way around it. You need a bigger rig with more power and more and better speakers. Even a 4 string with that amp won't make it. Great sounding little amp in my opinion, but not for that application. It puts out about 100 watts into its internal 12" 8 ohm speaker which is not a very efficient one. 100 watts into a single 12" with a 5 string for loud gigs? No way.

3. Nami

Nami

Oct 14, 2005
    Israel
    No way indeed =\ i guess i can say that i love its pre amp and when i record it direct/ play with my headphones i get great sound but the speaker can't make it throughout.