Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMP BH-420 Score!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Quadzilla, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

I was contacted by somebody who dug this out of some boxes where they work (yes the picture below is of the actual one they found). I'm not 100% sure that it works but for what I paid for it, I'm willing to roll the dice (he could not test it for me). It sure looks to be in great shape! Looks like I'm AMPed once again!!!! I should have it in the next few days... I'll keep you all posted.

[​IMG]

2. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    hmmm... where do you work?

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The knobs are in fantastic shape, so you're doing better than most. :p Congrats, looks like a killer find... I envy you!!

4. Quadzilla

It was not found where I work. Basically somebody found one of these at a place in NYC that produces music videos. It was in a box in storage at the facility. He took the model number off of it and googled it and read one of my posts from way back when saying that I was looking for one of these (before I had my other one). He then contacted me that way. I looked up the company he works for and it's legit (his email address was from that company). Somebody doing a video shoot must have left it there some years ago. He said those boxes have been in storage since the late eighties or early 90's. Lady luck was looking out for me.

I'm a wee bit concerend that this head has not been fired up in at least 15 years. There was an old Hartke bass cab with it too, but I'm not having that shipped here and frankly, I don't dig Hartke cabs... Again, just hoping it works and all is well with it after sitting for so long unused...

5. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    there is very little doubt in my mind now. Very simply, i wish i were you.

congrats, and the AMP gods have clearly smiled on you for investing in , and then spreading the AMP-wealth.

6. Quadzilla

Well I've been lucky lately on a few deals. Just scored a Steiny headless Jack bass for $150! I must have a horseshoe stuck up where the sun don't shine.... :smug: :p

7. arock

arock

Sep 16, 2005
    Verona, WI
    Nice score! It will be interesting to hear if it works when you get it.

8. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    quadz: you're like the Indiana Jones of AMP unearthing that archeological find! nice work! didn't you recently unload a TF/AMP? welcome back!

I recently bi-amped mine w/ my amp-bh250--lots of fun!

9. Quadzilla

I sure did unload one and was sad that I did. Well, another one is on it's way to my door so I don't feel so bad! :hyper:

10. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Congrats!

Dare we ask how much?

11. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    hey Billy! you still have that AMP SL-1?

12. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Nope...it was the subject of a thread not too long ago. It's safe and happy in its new FL home. The buyer told me that he uses it with a powered Bergantino 1x12 and it sounds great!

13. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    nice score Quadzilla. Was that the one listed on craigslist.ny? I've been emailing that guy, but I guess you already beat me to it. Congrats!

14. Quadzilla

Yeah that's the one. He was asking $250. I cut him down a few dollars, but not much. If it's a working unit, it's well worth it. If it's not, I'm hoping that I can get it back in working order for under $100. He did not have a means of testing it. Crossing fingers...

15. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Yep, it sure does! Thanks! Sounds like a BH420 on steroids!!

16. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    I would've tested it out for you, but I probably would've never sent it to you. ;). Good luck with it.

17. Quadzilla

:smug: :p :eek: :eek:

18. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    wow, bet it does sound killer~!
    ... I kinda miss my old one.

19. What is that under the AMP in the pic? Looks like another head or something.

20. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    mine. shipped. out. today.