Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

AMP BH420

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Crockettnj, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    yeah, well, i bought it knowing i may very well sell it!

the short of it is this- AMP bh420. sounds very very nice, as expected. exterior is NOT mint. infact, the top has a sticker (primus!) and is scratched in several places. the front is missing some lettering and maybe 5 knobs. Inside, it looks to be in pretty nice shape, nice and clean. NO, it isnt as pretty as QUADS was, but the price reflcts that.

sounds great. Some pots are scratchy. VERY loud, as expected. I imagine the Dr Funk could brighten her up if you feel the need. no foot switches, no side handle.

The long of it is this-
    bought this, and eden wt300, and a AMP bh250 within weeks of eachother this fall. the intent was to A/B/C them and keep 2 of the 3- one for home, 1 for practice.

i really love the eden, in large part due to its small size and tiny mass. I decided to keep it right off.

the AMPbh250 has some issues that i plan to get rectified, but the sound was just awesome. very similar to the 420 set flat.

the kicker was 2 fold- the bh250 is dual channel, a feature i often wish i had. it also is really relaly REALLY light. Keeper.

the 420, as you should be aware, is about 20 lbs +-, not heavy but not a featherweight.

The bottom line is that i really woudl like to keep this. I will very seriously consider buying it back in time. a quick search on my posts will reaveal i am AMP crazy , and i cannot deny that. However, i HAVE to stick to my original plan (keep 2 of the 3 amps) becasue i fear becomming Tom Blowlus . Nah. its that i really have pressing financial issues with a child on the way, my wife leaving the work force, and heating bills that are kicking my butt.

Reasonable offers entertained on the BH420.

i also have a car for sale, and if you jump on that for a fair price, this amp is yours as well!

Please let's keep this in the TB community so i dont have to put it on ebay. (plus, i get dibs on it if you sell it!)

2. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    starters. more to come.

[​IMG]

3. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hopefully you can see the scratches and stuff i mentioned. also, note i have since removed about 5 knobs for use on my bh250.

as you can see, inside she is tight. outside, well, you can see. not the worst but not mint.

4. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

OMFG what has the world come to???? First me, then you! Am I going insane??? :help: :eek:

5. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    it's a sad state of affairs, isnt it!?

6. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    get the mrs. back to work, lower the thermostat and keep the AMP! you'll regret it if you sell it and wind up paying more when you eventually buy another one! just my .02!

7. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    thermostat down to 62... the CAR is for sale. literally... really. look on Misc items!

I pickup up an extra part time job after work 2 days a week. AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hear you though.

i was bitching at quad last week when, in reality , i was complaining to myself cause i knew this psot was coming.

8. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    "life is like a parametric EQ"... forrest gump bump

9. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    sold. <sniff sniff>