Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

amp brand

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by azn_seagull02, Jan 24, 2005.

1. what kind of brand amp should i try and get? im thinking about a half-stack or full and i need pretty good tone and volume. anyone got any ideas?

2. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    Wrong forum...

3. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    First, welcome to TB. :bassist:

Secondly, Tritone is right - this is in the wrong forum. There is an Amps section here.

Back to your post. That's a pretty general question. There are many types of amp brands out there. For each brand, some people will like it, and some won't. None of us could tell you what would be best for you. My advice is to go to a music store and try out everything, to find out what you like. Certain types of amps/cabs are better suited to certain music types, too. You need to assess what you want in regard to tone, volume, portability, etc...

Look through the Amps section first, then we'll be glad to help. :)

4. What kind of music do you play? What kind of bass do you have? How much are you willing to spend? Do you need enough power to play live? or just something to use to learn and occasionally jam. Let us know and we can give you a hand. Also, once again go look in the amp forums. I am sure a mod will move this there one right away. I see that you are pretty young, so I am sure an svt and 8x10 would not be necessary for what you are using it for, but let us know.

5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    This is Basses, not Amps.

Moved to the appropriate forum.