1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

amp buying....needing answers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gonnabdrum, Apr 19, 2006.

1. gonnabdrum

gonnabdrum

Apr 13, 2006
    So I'm looking to get a new amp. I just bought a Ampeg BA115 and its sucks i see on the net that they usually have a hiss and its is ANNOYING so now i would like to get a stack so some recommendations would be great...

Im thinking i like having the big speaker sound in my 115 so maybe i will get a svt 18 or some 15 inch i just like how u can feel the bass using this.....

But then theres the 10 inchers they have awesome range and they put out what 10 inch would be best either 2 of some sort of 410's or one 810/610 throw in any suggestions....

Then throw in some good amps i hear about the Ampeg svt II and i hear about the svt IV but it sucks cuz everyone says different things.....

So to give u all and idea i like to be able to play nice clean highs and punchy mids and lows but not too much bass so that the highs sound washed out by bass....

Well thanks for any help im kind of specific on what i want but hey i hope to help someone the same way someday too :)

Thanks guys

Gonnabdrum

2. Don't believe everything you read! You need to try out gear before you buy it. I always suggest bringing your bass along so you can hear what it sounds like through the rig.
    I owned the BA115, and I did not find the hiss annoying. I also knew that if you turn down the treble slightly, the hiss of the tweeter becomes less pronounced! I still think the BA115 is a lot of bang for the buck, but that is my opinion, and remember not to believe everything you read;)

3. I hope the Ampeg ba stuff isn't too bad, I was looking into picking up a 112. If you're pretty picky about what kind of sound you want, I don't think Ampeg is a bad way to go at all, just make sure that it has a decent eq on it and that should make it much easier for dialing in what you're looking for. I have an svt 3 and although it gets a fair amount of bashing on this forum I'm extremely happy with its versatility. Although I kind of shave off some of the highs to get a bit more thumping on the low end.:bassist:

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Many poeple like the ampeg B-100 much better than the BA-115.