1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amp buzz/pops/volume loss problem...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by iamdenialNJ, Apr 17, 2010.

1. This problem started about 2 weeks ago and I thought the problem had fixed itself for about a week but it has returned. Volume is low. Lots of buzzing when playing. Loud pops and hisses when amp is turned on and off. I've tried different fuses, cables, cabs and basses. This started to happen last week and for a couple of days went back to working fine but the problem has returned. Everything inside seems to be soldered fine and all connections are solid. The amp has never seen extreme weather. I have an Eden NA650. I haven't even had this amp for a year and I'd almost prefer to buy a new amp rather than repairing this thing. :scowl:

Anyone have any questions for me to help in the patient's diagnosis? :atoz::(

2. If you dislike the amp as much as you appear to, sell the amp as is and buy something that you do like. Otherwise take the amp in to a tech and get it fixed.

Paul

P.S. Amp problems tend not to fix themselves.

3. I do like the amp it's just once an electronic device starts to give me problems the only thing that goes through my mind is: unreliable.

4. Bassmec

Bassmec

May 9, 2008
    Ipswich UK
    Proprietor Springvale Studios
    Any amplifier contains quite a few parts that can fail, if all the other parts stood the duty but one small capacitor in the pre amp failed or was more likely a dry joint in the first place.
    To me indicates that fixing this small problem will provide a more reliable amplifier than the pot luck of a whole new set of undiscovered problems until the new amp has done a few heat cycles.:ninja:

5. rusthoneybass

rusthoneybass

Oct 11, 2011
    did you ever figure out the problem with your NA-650? I am experiencing similar troubles