1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amp buzz!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gruskgo, Jun 24, 2007.

1. gruskgo

gruskgo

Jun 17, 2007
    this is the most annoying thing ever. ive just bought a new ampeg svt6 and ive got it in my rig, but it dosnt seem to like my fender rack tuner. it works fine plugged in by itself but the second i plug the tuner in the amp starts buzzing through the speakers before i even turn the tuner on. is it a power issue?? help me please, im going mad....

2. Sounds like a ground loop. You have a few options:
    1. Get a cheater plug and lift the ground on the tuner ac cord (not recommended)
    2. Get some isolation washers to keep your metal tuner from making contact with your metal rack and grounding through other components.

DO NOT EVER LIFT THE GROUND ON THE AMP. YOU are connected to the amp. You are safe lifting the grounds on cables (XLR Coax...) but it is not recommended to lift the grounds on AC cords.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021