Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp/Cab cable question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BoiNtC, May 29, 2003.

1. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    I just got myself a 4x10 EBS cab and am dying to hear it... problem is I'm using a friends Hartke 3500 amp head until I can afford a EBS HD350... now anyone know where I can pick up a speakon head to 1/4in stereo cable converter? or a speakon head one end and 1/4in stereo head on the other end kinda cable?

2. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    check music stores, radio shack or other electronics stores, and actually i saw one of those on ebay just yesterday.

3. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    okay thanks.. just making sure what I'm looking for isn't like trying to find a needle in a haystack :)

4. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
    yea, i remember that one on ebay, and now that i am thinking clearly i remember one in the carvin magazine as well, you should check out prices then go get it

5. moose54

moose54

May 29, 2003
    you could allways just build one. www.labsystems.com.au tells you what pin is what in one of their amp descriptions or cabs. then just rig it up to a 1/4" jack.

easy

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have ordered custom Speakon to 1/4 and Speakon to banana cables from Low Down Sound (www.lowdownsound.com). It's all 12 guage wire with Neutrik ends. Good stuff at very reasonable prices. I am sure that they can find/make you whatever you need.

Tom.