Amp/Cab selection

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FunkMasterJono, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Just a quick query for everyone. Im looking to upgrade my amp to something a bit cleaner, less colour etc.

Only thing here (most isolated city in the world) that i like is a trace setup (AH300SMX, 2x10, 1x15, think its a gibson job because just seems newer and considerably smaller compared to that of people with the same style setup) that still sitting in the shop. But ive seen other brands from the states (Acme, Avatar, Dr. Bass, EA, list goes on). There is Eden and Aguilar here too, but your thoughts??

Would prefer a 2x10/2x12 or 2x10/1x15 or even 2 2x12s style setup (Compact, but, big enough for me to stack ontop of each other). As for the Amp, either just a thing like a brand head (ie Eden), or go for a power/preamp setup.
  2. the trace sound is usually considered to be quite coloured... just something to think about if you want a less coloured sound.

personally i like the trace sound alot though!
  3. Woops, well, similar to the Trace style sound. Its just when i played the Trace, it seemed pretty damn clean to my ears.

I was impressed by the Aguilar GS410, but, too big, plus at 2.6k, pretty pricey too :p.