1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp/Cab Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Unusual Muse, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Unusual Muse

Unusual Muse

Jan 20, 2013
    Greetings...

For a long time I've been going direct into the board for gigs, and as such I have not owned an amp for quite a while. However, I recently joined a band that will involve me playing through an amp again, so I need some suggestions for amps, cabinets, and configurations. The rig should have enough power for clubs (anything bigger than that and I'll probably be running direct anyway), but I'd like to be able to take the head and a smaller cab for rehearsals, etc. Perhaps a 2x10 and a 4x10, then I can run just the 2x10 for rehearsal and both for larger gigs?

Ideally I'd like something tonally versatile, but the emphasis will be on pop/jazz/R&B/country, so a smooth, articulate, and well-rounded sound.

A couple things I'm considering checking out based on reviews are the Ashdown EVO II and the Eden WT, but other ideas are welcome. As for cabs, I have no idea, though I've heard good things about Bergantino. I'm not sure what would work in terms of being able to run a solo 2x10 or a 2x10+4x10, so any recommendations of amp/cab setups would be much appreciated.

2. Aguilar tonehammer 500 and a faital pro loaded Greenboy Dually would be my suggestion.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021