1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp cable question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by q1014, Jan 28, 2008.

1. q1014

q1014

Aug 17, 2007
    what do u think a good length speaker cable should be (3 ft 6ft etc) becuz im working on putting together my first rig and im just wondering about the small things o and what about speakon

2. I chose Speakon!

3. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    You'll never hear any difference between a 3 foot speaker cable and a 6 foot one.

4. nubs

nubs

Mar 1, 2005
    Wisconsin
    so, my suggestion is get the length you need, why carry around any more than necessary.

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I use Speakons exclusively. My cable lengths are fairly long as at times I'll put one of my cabs on each side of the drums. As I am driving 4Ω loads and sometimes 2Ω I use 10 gauge cable I bought at an auto sound store. For anything less than about ten feet 16 gauge will do fine.

Paul

6. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I only run Speakon... I had them made so there is enough line to make it from head to cabinet without being snug. I hate having the back of my rog look like Medusa's head. Plus if you carry 2 10 foot cables to go 3 feet you are addinbg more weight to your cable bag

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021