Amp "case" for Aguilar head?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Black 'n Tan, Apr 6, 2005.

1. I just bought Gruuv's DB750. I don't imagine I'll put it in a rack for awhile. Are there any case type things you can slide it into so it looks more like a free-standing head?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    you could try Odyssey's 3 unit rack bag.

the outer sleeve slides right off for a clean look.

i.e. its housing my Aguilar / Stewart setup:

3. That Odyssey unit looks nice and clean.

I really like the way it fits on top of that "sideways" cabinet. How do you like that Bergantino?
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You mean, "How do you like that ACME Low B-2?" ;)

And Joker, is the Odyssey sturdy enough for a heavy head, like the 750 or 359? Is it deep enough for a 359?

5. Tombo:

duhh .... Shows you how green I am ... LOL.
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

maybe, maybe not. FYI, the shell itself is made of what feels like wood. to be honest, with most rack bags i dont consider as good a "protection" vs. the plastic SKB's i usually use. and the weight of those boxes might crush the shell if dropped quite honestly.

another FYI, i've dropped that setup you see "twice", and they're just fine. :)

but then again, i wouldnt wanna sling any of those humungo beasts on me shoulder... oi...
  7. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    For the average guy, an SKB style case is pretty hard to beat. They're cheap, tough, waterproof, and easy to carry. I'm using a wood/carpet rack that I got for free, and while it looks nicer, its not as functional as an SKB.

You'd have to have some really braindead roadies to need anything like an anvil ... and a bag just seems like a bit of a false sense of security.

Just pop the aggie in an appropriately sized SKB,you'll be happy you did. Consider an extra space or two for a power conditioner and/or compressor as well, better not to need to repurchase.