1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp change happening....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by songwriter21, Mar 29, 2015.

1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Hey All,

I'm having my GK 1001RB-II looked at and "fixed" for the last time, and then putting it in the backup dept. So, now I have my sights set on a Darkglass B7K. I have a Markbass Traveler 102P cab, so I'm thinking of getting either a Crown XLS2500 or a QSC GXD 4.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. anavar

anavar

Oct 10, 2013
    Australia
    my bass tone can beat up your dad's bass tone.
    as far as the darkglass goes.

just get it. i love my sansamp but the darkglass is just as good. the wet/dry blend is awesome.

3. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I have no idea what the output specs on the B7K are, but I'd probably look at Crest Prolite or Peavey IPR2 amps. Their input sensitivity is much more friendly to a wider range of preamps than the Crown XLS stuff. I'm not familiar with the QSC...

4. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    The Pro-Lite 3.0DSP looks like a good match!

5. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Yep!

I've got the regular 3.0, no DSP. It's a stout little amp.

songwriter21 likes this.
  6. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    I'd make sure the B7K had the right output for the amp. It might not have enough oomph to drive it properly.