1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amp/combo covers?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jimmyb, Oct 28, 2009.

1. jimmyb

jimmyb An Avid Indoorsman Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Elkton, MD
    Just got a new hartke vx3500 deliverd yest and I am loving it. A search online, however, makes finding a cover for this model tough. The few I found seem to be out of the uk (making shipping high).
    Anyone have a site or recomendation of a company that has covers for this model a little closer to home?
    Any help would be great

2. Assuming closer to home is the US (you don't have your profile filled in:

http://www.lecover.com/Cover_Co./Home.html

Great quality. You just need to EXACTLY measure your amp/combo/cab, including exact handle cutouts, and they typically deliver within 10 days. They offer very nice padded covers, and also less expensive unpadded covers (mainly for rain/dust protection).

Edit: You are in luck... they already have made covers for that combo.... so you just can order it up without measuring. The prices are listed under 'amps and road gear' if you click on the 'h' section!

3. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

Dp a search for tuki covers on the web. If they don't have a cover in stock, they can make it for you.

They have a form that you can fill out for custom orders. Just be careful and measure twice, write down once...

4. Also a great company, and the LeCover and Tuki covers are very similar in price and quality.

One other comment, on the LeCover (and I assume Tuki also), you can get a bottom 'tie down' velcro strap (I believe for around $10). This is a good option is you slight your cab/combo into the back of a van or SUV, and is particularly useful with 'slick' spray on finish cabs.

5. modulusman

modulusman Banned

Jan 18, 2004
    montana
    Plus one on Lecover. I have bought 8-9 covers from them and all have been a perfect fit and look as good as new.

6. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Tuki Covers has been great for me. When I had a cover made up they called me right away when the measurements were off by 1/4". Turnaround was super fast and it came with the velcro strap on the bottom.

7. etoncrow

etoncrow (aka Greg Harman, the curmudgeon with a conundrum)

+1 on the tie-down strap. I had covers made for two GK cabinets back in the early 90's by a neighbor who had a side business upholstering boats. Took my equipment to a gig in the back of the drummer's truck and one of the covers had blown off. They were a tight fit too.

8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
  9. Jefenator

Jefenator Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2008
    Oregon
    There's a lady in town here who will make a cover custom-tailored for an amp from scratch. She works pretty cheap, too.

This doesn't do you much good in the UK, except that there is probably someone like her in your region. It's a pretty rudimentary type of project for anyone who works with fabric. Maybe check with an upholsterer?

HTH

10. deb

deb

Mar 10, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    I had a custom cover made for a custom cab I had built by Don at Low Down Sounds. The place is in Canada, eh--Cuvers custom covers (www.cuvers.ca).

Dirt cheap.

Covers are made to spec. Material used is leatherette and seems very durable. My cover was very customized with tie downs, foam padding, soft interiors, leatherette exterior, accessible velcro and zippered flaps ... basically the works.

Happy with the results and they even called to make sure I was satisfied.