Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp Combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass element, Jan 13, 2005.

1. any advice on a decent amp combo? id like one that can maybe help me acheive a sorta Tool/Mudvayne-ish kinda sound if possible. i already kno the string/bass requirments that would help me get that sound but im not sure about the amp setup. i really dont kno all that much about combos, so any advice/info would be super.

thanx guys.
    AleX

2. miller4053

miller4053

Jan 14, 2005
    Gilbert AZ
    Eden makes a combo amp with 4x10 cab. The CXC410.. Simply an ass kicking combo with awesome tonal range and punch. Here is the URL for the specs. Eden makes the best gear. They also make a 2x10 which is really loud. I have a Eden-Nemesis 2x10 which is great. Also the electronics are bomb proof. I have abused this amp for years and it has always worked great.

http://www.eden-electronics.com/products/combos/indiv/cxc410.asp

3. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    What about budget?

4. miller4053

miller4053

Jan 14, 2005
    Gilbert AZ
    About $900. You can get the Nemesis for about $750

5. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hi Alex,

You could go with the Peavey Bam Combo I'm selling. Covers a wide range of playing styles and tones. It is insanely loud, defined and very musical for a 2x10 combo. Puts out 350 watts @ 4 Ohms & 500 watts @ 2 Ohms (w/extension cab).

Peavey Bam Info.

There are many happy users of this combo on this site.

Thanks,

Steve

6. +1

7. Yorkville XS series...400 watts in a single 15 or 2x10 combo. Sell for under $900 Cdn. Extension cabs can be added to either...definately worth a look. Great warranty. Great gear.