1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp Cover / Care

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by absenttrojan, Sep 25, 2008.

1. If my amp is to live part time in a friend's lock up garage / practice space & I'm thinking A cover might be the go. Its a Marshall 4x10 cab & a head w/ tube preamp. If a cover was to be made should it be made of anything in particular or have an anti static lining?

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    It could depend on the conditions but I'd just go with a lined vinyl soft cover to keep the cost down. My wife is a good seamstress and makes all my soft amp covers that are as nice as the expensive ones available using velcro closers with cut outs for handles. She buys cloth backed vinyl and they stand up as good as anything. She says that material is a bit tough to sew on a regular machine though.

I don't see any need for an anti static cover. I just want to keep out dust and moisture and to protect the amp covering from scrapes.