1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

amp cuts in and out

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by yeggi, Oct 7, 2010.

1. yeggi

yeggi

Feb 18, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    so today i was just jammin along and my amp started fuzzing and cutting in and out, not turning off. also at some points it would flap like a fart when i hit low notes. i play out of a gsr 200 that may very well have souldering issues, and a cord with issues too. can you guys tell me what might be the problem? thanks!:scowl:

2. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    flapping like a fart suggests you blew a speaker. hard to tell without being there. or knowing exactly what you're using.

3. yeggi

yeggi

Feb 18, 2010
    Charlotte, NC
    500w hartke lh500 out of a 4.5 4x10XL never been turned up past half way, its not that type of farting i know what your saying.

4. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Your amp might just have dirty switching contacts in the Effects loop Return jack. A really easy way to find out is to simply plug a guitar cord into the Effects send and Return jacks, then play the amp and see if the problem is gone.

5. craig.p

craig.p

Sep 28, 2008
    New Hampshire
    You've already identified two possible sources of the problem. Fix those first, or at least verify that they're absolutely not causes.