Amp Decision: SVT3pro or SWR750x e/w 410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by David Vega, Nov 28, 2002.

1. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    What do you thinks guys??

Ihave a Peavey TNT115, well, is soundless when I'm practice with the band!!! The tone, not bad for 380 dollars!!

2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Out of those two that you mentioned, I would have to go with the SWR. The SVT3 Pro doesn't seem to have the power that it is rated at, based on both personal experience and from complaints from quite a few people that I have read. If you said SVT4 Pro, that would be my choice hands down.:p :cool:

What kind of 410 cab are you looking to get? And make sure you try out both heads, as the two heads are gonna sound quite a bit different. Make sure you know which one is gonna get "your" sound the best.
  3. JimM

Jan 13, 2000
    Northern California
    What kind of music do you play?
    I have tried both those amps in the store with my Jazz bass and since I'm a vintage kind of guy,prefer the ampeg.The SWR sounded ok for the E and A strings,but D and G sounded thin and sterile.

I ended up getting a sunn because it was only a little more money but has a lot more power,and I like the tone.If the sunn wasn't available I would have bought the ampeg,I now think it would have been plenty of power for me.'course,if I had to do it now I'd get one of those 1x12 cabs and try to find a suitably small head that would sound good with a P bass(I'm into my P bass now).

On the other hand,if you slap and pop,the SWR may have the kind of clean tone you may want.
  4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    I completely agree with Ryan. I just traded up from an SVT3 Pro to a 4 Pro and it's the best decision I've made.

As far as your choices. I would go with the 750 over the 3 pro. Much more headroom.
  5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I have a SVT3Pro......nice tone, but runs out of headroom real quick:(
  6. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico

thanks for your input!!

Yes all of you were right regarding the svt3pro. I conect this to and svt410, bxt410hl and bse410hlf, and the best sound was with the svt410, but loss headroom

I play mostly rock, not heavy metal.

I just get the svt4pro with the bxt410hl. I tested with the band and sounds perfect.

And thanks again. I found all that and I learn a lot, and with your input, I confirm what I learn.

:D :)
  7. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    So you got the SVT4 PRO?? If so, good choice and congrats.:D