amp effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cody good, Jan 13, 2004.

1. cody good

cody good

Jan 13, 2004
    Does anyone know how to get effects on a Fender Rumble 60 watt bass amp
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I think you need to be more specific. The Rumble amps don't come with any on-board effects- are you looking for the best way to plug in your effects pedals, or just for different tones out of the amp you have?
  3. cody good

cody good

Jan 13, 2004
    i sadly don't have any effects pedals,and i want tones out of my amp,Metallica,Iron Maiden,Megadeth,and Iced Earth
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sounds like an amp-worthy thread to me :D
  5. cody good

cody good

Jan 13, 2004
    whats a bass pod,because i don't have one,and how much do they cost,and can i get the tones i want
  6. Kheos

Aug 12, 2002
    how do you want metallica tones out of your amp? you can hardly hear a bass playing. if that's waht you want, just turn your volume down

no man, it's just, if you want effects, buy effects. if you want to fiddle with your amp to sound metal-ish, then do so, or ask how you should fiddle

but you're asking amp affects, and because you're amp hasn't got any effects, you ain't exactly making sense
  7. cody good

cody good

Jan 13, 2004
    k,how do i fiddle with my amp,and what would be some good effects to get?
  8. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    Okay, if you want to play metal, try the following and see how you like it:

on your amp, whichever EQ dial or slider controls the bass or low frequencies, turn that up maybe 3/4 of the way. Turn the high one about halfway up. The mid-range one, adjust that however you like the sound, but add more than you want to if playing with a band, so you'll be heard.

if you don't like the sound, change one thing at a time until it rawks for you.

As for effects, any of them are good to get, if you like their sounds. Cliff Burton fan? get a distortion pedal and a wah pedal. If you don't know what each type of effect does, there should be an Effects 101 page somewhere on Harmony Central...

Here it is, click this link

As for which one of any kind of pedal to buy, do a search here on TalkBass for each effect separately, and read all the result threads. Like search "Overdrive" and you'll see LOTS of opinions back and forth about the pedals we all dig or don't dig.

Good luck to ya, I remember when I was you. I started in Metal as well, and played bass only occasionally then. (this was in high school, 1990-1994)

My first two effects for any instrument period were a DOD Grunge distortion and an Electro Harmonix Small Stone phaser. Heh, and years later, I still have to have some kind of drive/dist and phaser at hand.