Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Amp Enclosure

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boardingpyro, Dec 2, 2004.

1. boardingpyro

boardingpyro

Nov 25, 2004
    hey all,
    I just got a new avatar 4x10 cab which is awesome, :bassist: , but I have to use my old 60 watt behringer head because I can't afford a new head for a while. (BROKE!!) So I took the head out of the combo and it's completely unprotected on the bottom. So I was wondering if there was anything I could do to enclose this without spending too much money. Any Ideas??

Thanks...

2. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    if you dont' care too much for that head (i wouldn't), i'd just put a slab of plywood on the bottom and glue it on... thats what you do when your effin' broke like me, lol. although there are other ways that would cost more if you want it to look all nice and pretty, but who cares about that.

3. luknfur

luknfur

Jan 14, 2004
    DIXIE
    FWIW:

I had an old combo amp and couldn't stand the rattle so removed the guts to seperate them. Took half inch plywood and built a frame for it with a metal handle. Did a Reggae paint job on it. Kind of cool in a primitive way. Looks like somethng out of the early 60's.

4. boardingpyro

boardingpyro

Nov 25, 2004
    sweet I'll try that.... would there be a possiblity for the wood burning lol??

5. spidersbass

spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    nah, just dont' let it touch any bare wires and it'll be cool.