1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Amp for $300 Price range

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RacingBeat, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Hi, I'm ready to move out of the 15 watt practice amp combo to something more useful.
    I'm looking for an amp around $300-350, used or new.
    Which amp would you recommened?
    Certain ones that I've been researching are:
    Ampeg BA-115
    Ampeg B50R
    Ampeg B100R
    SWR Workingman 12/15

I'm wondering how much these go for used, and if you are selling them or not.

Thanks

2. I'm vaguely in the same boat, though $50 cheaper in range ($250-300). You won't find many of the ones you listed new in that range, so if warranty is crucial for you, (it is for me) that's a problem.

I settled on the Ashdown electric blue 12" ($280) or 15" ($300) as a solution; 180w and reputedly well made tho i haven't got mine yet. That's the most I would spend on a combo amp; once you break $350 you seem to be getting into the "why use a combo?" price range, especially if you can live with a head like the new Behringer for $200 at various online stores. Sure that doesn't leave so much for a cab but surely you can fins a single 12" version somewhere used for $150. You'd have a new, warrantied head (which is the part that breaks), and you could always upgrade your equipment in smaller steps that way.