1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp for a 6-string

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Strych9, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Strych9

Strych9

Mar 14, 2009
    Holland
    Hello all,

I have a question regarding the purchage of a new bass amp. I am trying to get myself a 6-string bass, but with that a second problem (?) occurs, I do not know what capabilities an amp must have in order for the low B and high C to be heard.

Could anyone help me with this problem?

Kind regards,
    Strych9

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    It's not really a problem, but you'd need to give alot more info before any one could make a good suggestion, such as price range, music style, gig requirements, etc.

3. Strych9

Strych9

Mar 14, 2009
    Holland
    Well, as for the price range, I'm talking about $270 and less, and as for the playing style, I will be playing progressive metal (Dream Theater covers), not planning to play gigs at all the coming 2 years.

//Strych9

4. Used is the only way you can go with that amount. Pretty much any bass amp will handle the frequency range of a Six. The cabinets are what counts. The typical woofer/tweeter cabinets I find lacking. I am using Acme cabinets (B2) with a stereo power amp (Carvin DCM1000 usually) and a tube preamp of my own design. Pretty much any pre-amp should do the job for you. If you look at my pretty picture you'll see my rig plus one of my Sixes.

Paul