1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp for an Acoustic bass...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassaficionado6, Feb 22, 2008.

1. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Alright, so I recently posted my Gallien Krueger Backline 115 Combo on craigslist. Earlier tonight I got an offer for a trade, specifically and Ibanez acoustic bass with a TKL flight case. However, I was really hoping to start saving some money for a Geddy Jazz sometime down the road, but I've also kinda also wanted an ABG for a while. I posted the amp at $230. With that in mind:

Is this a fair trade?

How is the Ibanez acoustic?

Should I forget it and save for the Geddy (keeping in mind that this has been my only offer so far)?

THoughts?

EDIT: Here's a picture.

l_199e3c6aa186808cad4b04cea21a5b4b.

2. *** bassficionado, is that you :D :D :D :D :D

market value is $250 for the Ibanez.

To be honest I love it to death and I've been crying all day for having to give up both my acoustic bass and guitar :bawl:

I would say it's fair. I might be saving up for something else though but it'd be really nice to have something right away :(

talkbass is a small world.

...Where's napa anyways???

3. Wow, no way. Jimmy just told me on MSN about the trade and here it is. Wow XDD

I think we need to help the poor college student that are smart and let bassafficianado sell the amp, then use the amp money to buy the bass, then Meev can use the bass money to buy a bigger amp for gigging.

4. yea you're right canadaman. It might benefit us all in the end.

and just for memories, here's a shot of me with my bass

l_8ed9f7d547135a66ce2b29e529efc12f.

5. Well it won't benefit me, but almost everyone. But I think it's cool since you NEED a new amp Jimmy, and I'm sure bassafficianado (I'm editing your name to bassaff) has a job and means of aquiring said Geddy in the future.

6. bassaficionado6

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
  7. bassaficionado6

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Oh, I know you don't live in SF, I just put it there for a point of reference. BTW: what steup do your guitarists have?

8. marshall 100 watt.

the drummer has all Zildjian stuff.

9. bassaficionado6

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    Yeah, the Backline oughtta be able to handle that.

10. thank's gabe, hope you're happy with the acoustic, she's my baby. I'll be sure to leave a big smiley face in your feedback :)

11. bassaficionado6

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    As will I, to you. :D

12. I overslept because TB made me stay up late :D