1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp for Church Worship playing mostly traditional Gospel Music

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by troutbum22, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Blankandson

Blankandson Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Gallatin, Tennessee
    I'm too late as you've already made the purchase. But I do have some help for anyone else looking for something to play southern gospel in church settings. I learned years ago that winter months (where it gets cold) require more volume as the audience will be bundled up and all that material absorbs sound. If you get enough volume in the winter you'll have plenty in the summer. Also, the bass player for the gospel group who have been playing at Dollywood for over 20 years is playing a 6-string Conklin through the MB115 for his on-stage sound. Heard them in Orlando and the bass sounded fine.

2. troutbum22

troutbum22

Dec 8, 2011
    Clemson, sc
    I'm pretty excited about the MB115. I like the fact that the Carvin Extension cab is the same size and easily added.

3. nysbob

nysbob

Sep 14, 2003
    Cincinnati OH
    It'll be plenty.

4. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    NICE! I HATE living inthe same city as Carvin - too much possibility of amp GAS. Luckily, their bass necks don't fit my preferred geometry but they are GREAT basses!

Enjoy your new combo! I've tried one with the extension and it was LOUD with good tone. FWIW - my go-to rig is a Glockenklang HeartCore into an Accugroove Tri-115.

Dan K.