1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp for GK RBH410+RBH210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by modulusan, Jun 21, 2014.

1. modulusan

modulusan

Sep 8, 2006
    Hello, im thinking change my amp and i want try the RBH 410+210 stack. Im reading others threads but i want know based on owners experience, which amp Will work better with this cabs...
    Im looking a low response cab that could handle with easy the low B from my basses and the rbh series looks high sensitive and low.

Is a good choice this cabs for funk/soul/latin Stuff?

Im thinking if its enough a 700rbII Or i need more Power?

Thanks guys!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    The 700r4bII is a good choice, but the 210/410 pairing of cabs is not such a good idea. Assuming both cabs are 8 ohms, (and they'd have to be in order to not fry the amp), the 210 would be driven twice as hard as the 410, while the 410 would never get near it's potential. The imbalance is unnecessary- as a pair of the 210's could do just as well.
    Read up on speaker pairings, it's well covered in the amp's section.

3. modulusan

modulusan

Sep 8, 2006
    Thanks, if both cabs are 8 ohms i cant find a issue using both 410 + 210 rbh cabs. I read some thread reply from billfitzmaurice and he said that is not good idea put diferent speakers together like 212 with 210 and is better use same speakers like 10s with 10s.
    based on that i supose that 410 + 210 from the same brand and same speakers type Will work better...

4. If both cabs are 8 ohms, they will split your output evenly.

That means the speakers in the 2X10 will be getting TWICE the amount of power the speakers in the 4X10 is getting.

You will be limited to around the same output as just using a 4X10 by itself.

5. mouthmw

mouthmw

Jul 19, 2009
    Croatia
    That 210 will give up a lot sooner than the 410. Either just get a single 410 or 2 x 210 cabs.

6. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

May 6, 2013
    La Habra CA
    I got the answer!
    GK 800RB
    LOW side is 200w @ 8ohms
    HI side is 100w @ 8ohms

Each speaker will receive 50w.

7. modulusan

modulusan

Sep 8, 2006
    Im thinking buy a single RBH410 (4ohms) with a rb700 Mark 2.
    What do you think about it? Is a good standalone cab? Im playing through a Aguilar gs410 4ohms with acoustic image focus 1 (600w 4 ohms)