1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Amp for Live Looping?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by expatmuso, Aug 16, 2017.

1. expatmuso

expatmuso

Sep 3, 2015
    I'm looking to perform in small to medium sized rooms, such as coffee shops, art galleries, pubs, etc. I would like something somewhat portable and within a budget of about 300-500. The show is solo bass, with a looper. I've performed this material a bunch of times at open mic and have always gone through the house's sound system, which works well enough. I was thinking maybe a 100 watt combo, like a Fender rumble. Anyone have experience doing this kind of thing?

johnny_bolt likes this.
  2. I'm using a TC Electronic BG250-115 for regular band stuff as well as looping when I play by myself at home. It sounds great, and the Toneprints add a little fun to the game.

My only issue is that the Toneprints happen at the end of my signal chain (no effects loop) so if I'm running a looper and kick in a Toneprint, the effect covers everything, including the loops already running. Not ideal, but I've found a few Toneprints that actually work quite well in that situation.

All in all, the TC Electronic has more than enough power (250 watts) for playing with a full band (with PA support), and sounds absolutely amazing when playing at home in my mancave/ rehearsal room.

Btw, my looper is currently a Zoom B1xon, and I also have a Zoom B1on on its own loop via a Boss LS-2, so if needed I can run two loopers at once.

expatmuso likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021