1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

amp for the house

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Mar 16, 2001.

  1. Gabu


    Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    What is the smallest amp you guys are aware of that has a line out jack. I want something I can sit on my desk and record into my computer so I don't have to lug my cyclops back into the house everytime I get a musical idea... wattage/volume/features not too important to me... just the line out and the physical size.
  2. fisk


    Jan 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    When you say line out, do you mean something like a headphone jack? Or do you mean something else? My crappy practice amp that came with my bass is only 10 watts and roughly the size of a large toaster, and it has a headphone jack.

    Dont know if thats what your talking about tho.

  3. Gabu


    Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    ...but the line out I need is for recording. Some amps have a line out jack. This is a jack that takes the signal output before it reaches your power amp. This enables you to record a signal that is very true to what you are playing (because you don't have to send the signal out into the air, through a mic, etc etc...)
  4. notduane


    Nov 24, 2000
    Songworks' Li'l Lanilei all-tube :rolleyes: bass amp. I'm pretty sure it has a line out
    like it's g**t*r brethren. 8" x 8" x 10", weight?, $450? new. AND...it's cool to look at :p ...


    Though I think Songworks (like Lane Poor) might be on indefinite sabbatical.

    Isn't there some doo-dad (i.e., "card") that you can plug into directly :confused:
  5. ubersam


    Oct 12, 2000
    wassup homefried!

    how about a Tech21 Sans-Amp Bass Driver DI. it's not an amp but you might get better results with it, soundwise. It's got both 1/4" & XLR outs.
  6. Line 6 Bass POD is what you need, this way you can tweak the sound to you specs......It even comes with software that you may like........
  7. Tom Crofts

    Tom Crofts

    Mar 15, 2001
    my mate has a card for his pc and it comes with a phono jack and virtual pedal software so you can have wah and distortiona dneven a peter frampton style speechy kind thing, loads of different ones...

    I have a 30W Laney amp and that has a DI phono jack, what does that stand for, I think that's what you are talking about.
  8. Like Christos said, check out a BassPOD, I have one set up in my practice space and use it for quiet practice and recording. You might be able to pick up one cheap, there are some guys that got one but don't know how cool they are, I got my second one from a guy that just wanted to get a sansamp instead so I traded my well worn sansamp that I don't use anymore for a virtually new in the box bassPOD that I now use for recording and gigs.
  9. I use a Bass Rockman for quiet practice and going direct. They don't sound bad and you don't wake the neighbors....and they're cheap too!
  10. CamMcIntyre


    Jun 6, 2000
    I think my BXR 15 has one. 8in spkr.,small not good for much. :) ;)
  11. Gabu


    Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Hey, so long as it can be heard ... this is a three man show... me ... computer ... vegas software.


    Thanks a bunch for your input guys. I am going to go shopping soon for one of these bad boys and then let the world beware!

Share This Page